What is caramel color made out of ?
It is made by heat treatment of carbohydrates, in general in the presence of acids, alkalis, or salts, in a process called caramelization. It is more fully oxidized than caramel candy and has an odor of burnt sugar and a some what bitter taste. Its color ranges from pale yellow to amber to dark brown.
What ingredients are in caramel color ?
Caramel coloring can be made from a variety of carbohydrates including: dextrose(corn), invert sugar, malt syrup (barley), molasses, lactose (sugar in milk), starch hydrolyses (corn or wheat).
Where caramel Color used ?
- Caramel color, added to many medicines, beverages confectionery and some other foods to turn them brown, may sound harmless, even appetizing.
- Natural Double Strength Caramel Color, added to many soft drinks and some foods to turn them brown, may sound harmless, even appetizing.
- Natural Double Strength Caramel Color, we manufacturer is based on international technology and we are not less than any international manufacturer.
- The Double Strength Caramel Color is used in cola drinks like Pepsi & Coke.
- Double strength caramel color use in drinks, juices, medicines, soya sauce and many other drinks and confectionery items.